Why we care about Gstreamer?
GStreamer is a pipeline based multimedia framework written in the C programming language with the type system based on GObject. GStreamer allows a programmer to create a variety of media-handling components, including simple audio playback, audio and video playback, recording, streaming, and editing. The pipeline design serves as a base to create many types of multimedia applications such as video editors, streaming media broadcasters, and media players.
Gstreamer Tutorials "Audio, Video Multimedia Toolkit"
GStreamer is a multimedia framework written in the C programming language with the type system based on GObject."
Application Development Manual:
Plugin Writer's Guide :
GStreamer Quick Hello World type Tutorial
[HTML] Part1: http://bluwiki.com/go/GStreamer
[HTML] Part2: http://bluwiki.com/go/GStreamer/C_Hello_World
GStreamer Plugin Development Video
* An introduction to GStreamer terms, usage and the GStreamer pipeline model.
* Construction of simple pipelines using available GStreamer elements, building a video decoding pipeline
* Look at the requirements for various types of processing elements: Data sources, sinks, filters, converters.
* Development of a simple custom plugin for processing raw video frames
* Extending the custom element in various ways, to render video effects, provide custom communication with the application.
Participants should be familiar with GObject/GLib, as GStreamer code relies heavily on both.